These tender, crisp cookies are enjoyed year-round by my family but take on a festive flair during the holidays. Sweet, buttery goodness abounds in each bite.
2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups sifted flour
4 level tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Add dry ingredients and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Slightly beat eggs and vanilla together then add to creamed butter and sugar. Beat well.
4. Add dry ingredients 1/3 at a time until all is used.
5. Separate the dough into thirds and flatten each third into discs. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at at least one hour.
6. Roll each disc to your preferred thickness (I usually roll between 1/4” and 1/2”) then use your favorite cookie cutters to cut out into fun shapes.
7. Place cookies 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugars, if desired. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: This is a tender cookie dough. Dust your rolling surface and rolling pin with extra flour to prevent the dough from sticking.